Q: Car wont shift out of 2nd gear

My car shifts perfectly out of first gear going into 2nd but then wgen trying to go to 3rd it boggs down and the engine revs up

Hi there. In many cases, this is cause by an obstruction of fluid inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission. Flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter may resolve the problem. However, it’s also possible that a shift solenoid or an interior transmission seal is broken, which can cause this problem as well. It’s best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection to determine why this is happening and recommend the right repairs.

3. Car wont shift out of 2nd gear