Q: Car won't turnover.

Just replaced alternator in car along with the battery. Car started a couple other times prior to this happening. The car started this morning but I was not able to put it in gear. So I turned the car off to try again and it wouldn't start, Any ideas on what it might be?

It sounds like you may be having an issue with your shift lock solenoid. When you press down on the brake pedal, the shift lock solenoid releases and allows you to move your shifter. If this shift lock solenoid is not working, this can cause the shifter not to be able to move. If the shifter is not able to move the vehicle’s computer may not recognize that the transmission is in park. I would recommend having a certified professional check your shift lock solenoid to verify this diagnosis.