Q: Car won't start

I thought my car was doing great, until driving into my driveway one morning, shut off engine, went in house, went back 8 hours later to go out-to-eat and it wouldn't start. My mechanic said it has very clogged valves and they are stuck open plus there's no engine compression. Does that sound right to you?

If the engine has no compression, I’m guessing the valves are bent from the timing chain breaking. It’s not uncommon for the timing chain guides to break on these engines, taking out the chain and valves in the process. I would however, suggest that you get a second opinion. YourMechanic offers honest, skilled mechanics that can come to your location and inspect your car starting issue and replace your timing chain if necessary.

3. Car won't start