Q: Car won't start

Car just won't start. We put in a new starter, still won't start. Is there a problem with the flywheel? What is the issue?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Depending on the symptoms or sound you are hearing when turning the key, this may be related to the starter being misaligned. If there is a problem with the starter gear reaching the flywheel, this can happen easily when the starter is just slightly out of alignment when it is mounted. When the key is turned to start, you should see the small starter gear reach out of the starter housing and engage the flywheel to turn it. It is very easy to misalign the starter when replacing it which can cause this to happen. Start by checking this to see if the starter gear reaches out completely and engages the flywheel properly. You may want to have a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your starter to be sure this is working properly.

3. Car won't start