Q: Car runs very rough and misfires after collision?

Someone hit my cars front end about a year ago and ever since then my fuel gauge shows full (even when the tanks empty) and my car runs very rough at idle and sounds like its misfireing... What can be the problem here?

Hi there:

Depending on the severity and location of the colllision, a few things could be damaged; ranging from EVAP control module (which can be the source of the fuel tank issue) or the EVAP vent solenoid. This could be the source of the idle and engine efficiency issues as well. The only way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is idling rough inspection at your location; so they can pinpoint the source of these issues and recommend the right repairs.