Q: Car won't start; just clicks

My car won't start. It makes a clicking sound when the key is turned.

Hi. A clicking noise when trying to start your car and no engine movement typically means that the battery is too low to crank the engine or there may be a bad connection at the battery. If the battery and the connections are fine, then the starter may have failed. A mechanic would check the voltage at the starter to see if it is getting power. If it is and is not turning the engine, then starter may be bad. It can even be engine failure, but that does not typically occur out of nowhere. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, replace the battery and inspect any other components that may be causing the problem.

3. Car won't start; just clicks