Q: car won't start.

I checked the fuses, I changed out two and that helped (before that it only clicked) and so now it seems like it wants to turn over but struggles and the engine shakes when turning the ignition. I'm guessing it's the starter, but I don't know for sure. I'm broke so not sure what I can do cheaply on my own and what needs to be done by a mechanic. I recently had the timing belt and another belt (?) replaced and after that the car started making a tingy/rattling/grating sound occasionally, mostly when accelerating. I haven't been able to drive it for two weeks, so I'm having trouble remembering the exact sound. It worked fine besides that for about a month, and then one day it just wouldn't start.

Hi there:

When you are short on cash and having multiple starting issues, the best way to save money and make sure the problems are accurately diagnosed is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first. This will allow them to determine the precise source of the starting problems, so they can recommend the right repairs.

3. car won't start.