Q: Car won't start, battery drain - 1979 Mercedes-Benz 450SL

If my car sits for more than one hour, I have to get it jump-started as it wouldn't start up. I figured that the battery is getting drained so I need to check the voltage regulator, but I just can't find it. Is it possible that it's in the alternator?

Hello. The Chilton manual will be able to give you accurate information as to the location of the voltage regulator. This manual can tell you whether your voltage regulator is an internal or external part. It is not recommended that this repair job be completed on your own. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, pinpoint the cause of the starting issue and address this problem correctly.