Q: Car will not start

My car will not start. It does not make a clicking sound, but rather, it sounds like it wants to start but won't actualy ever start. The lights work fine, so I dont think it's the battery. I discovered this on 11/25/16, after the car had been sitting for a day. I had no problems starting it or any other issues before that. This is the first time this happens.

A: This sounds like you may have a faulty star...

This sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

Recommended services
Get a Quote