Q: Car will not start, 2000 Infiniti I30

Turn key and car will not turn over. You can hear fuel system kick on, all lights work, etc., but will not engage starter. Tested battery, solenoid, starter, and all wires from battery and ground to starter appear to be okay. What to check next, fuses, switches, relays?

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2000 Infiniti I30. There are a couple of things to check in this situation. If a signal is being sent to the starter and the starter does not engage, the starter assembly is at fault. If there is no signal being sent to the starter when you turn they key, suspect a failed relay or ignition switch. If you need help with the diagnosis, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the no-start for you to determine the cause.

3. Car will not start, 2000 Infiniti I30