Q: Car will not pick up until easing off the gas pedal, Infiniti G25

asked by on August 23, 2016

My car makes about 218 hp, but recently it has been having problems. When I am entering the freeway or even in normal driving, my car does not pick up, however it begins to accelerate as I ease off the gas pedal. All services are up-to-date. Could you please tell me what is causing this problem so I will know how to go forward with a solution?

Instead of using a conventional mechanical throttle, your vehicle uses a "drive-by-wire" system. This design, throttle position, and accelerator pedal position are relayed to the control module via dedicated sensors. The control module then uses this information to control a throttle body mounted motor. The motor opens and closes the throttle as needed. Nissan recalled close to a million vehicles for problems with the accelerator position sensor. This may be your problem. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the acceleration firsthand to determine the cause of this.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr