Q: car will crank battery fine but will only start with jump leads

Battery fine car will crank but will only start with jump leads,only happens on cold morning s,once started drives fine but if left for long period of Tim e h ave to use jump leads again

A: Hi there: If you're having these issue...

Hi there:

If you're having these issues only when it's really cold outside, it's possible that the battery is low on cold cranking amps. Batteries are measured in cold cranking amps which is the amount of amperage the battery can produce at 0 degrees. If the cold cranking amps of your battery are not up to what they should be, the vehicle may not be able to start in those colder temperatures.This is not tested during a typical battery test; which can be the reason why it's assumed the battery is OK. If you replace the battery and still have these issues, you should have a mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.