I got stuck in the snow today in my truck and tried to ge...

I got stuck in the snow today in my truck and tried to get out and now my check engine light on and won’t accelerate Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? It blinks Mechanic's Assistant: ...

I got stuck in the snow today in my truck and tried to get out and now my check engine light on and won’t accelerate Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? It blinks Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2017 Kia Sorento Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far? No ma’am I just got out the snow it happened a few minutes ago Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? No ma’am

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Thank you.

Thank you
Automotive Expert
were you going from reverse to drive trying to get it out of the snow?

Yea I was
Automotive Expert
ok, well the transmission probably overheated and damaged the internal clutch packs. so you are going to need a code reader to connect to the obd 2 connector under the dash to see what fault codes are stored in the computer, but unfortunately, you will need the vehicle towed.

Can I get it towed to my dealershipDoes this mean I have to replace the transmission
Automotive Expert
yes, you can get it towed to the dealership once they read the fault codes with their scan tool, they will be able to tell you what will need to be done to repair the issue. it is quite possible the transmission will need to be replaced, but until I know the fault codes I cannot confirm that

Okay thank you
Automotive Expert
you are very welcome. stay well. I hope the problem is only a minor one for you.

Could it be possible that my car need to just cool off for a while
Automotive Expert
that is very possible because if the transmission fluid overheated it will cause the same type of issues. but, being that the check engine light is on, I sort of doubt it

The engine light is blinking on and off
Automotive Expert
and that is worrisome. you need to have it towed

Well where located I can't right now because we're getting a lot of snow hopefully it'll break tomorrow and I can take it then
Automotive Expert
ok, well I will be on all day tomorrow, but for now, once the engine and transmission have cooled down the only thing you can do is wait and then try it again

Okay
Automotive Expert
Please keep me posted.

I will
Automotive Expert
ok

Hey how are you
Automotive Expert
I'm good, what's up?

I went to autozone and got the check engine light test and I googled the code and it told me I needed an oil change and I got one and it still jerks when I accelerate
Automotive Expert
what is the fault code?

P1326
Automotive Expert
standby please

Okay
Automotive Expert
what engine ? 2.0 or 2.4 or 3.3?

3.3
Automotive Expert
ok you are going to need to access the #1 knock sensor and emove the connector. then read the resistance across the terminals of the sensor

Okay what will I need to replace
Automotive Expert
if the resistance of the sensor isn't around 4.8 ohms then you need to replace the sensor
Automotive Expert
its quite a job, here is the procedure (attached)

That's kinda too much for me will my truck be fine until I take it to my dealership on Monday
Automotive Expert
hows it running?

After it jerks it runs normally
Automotive Expert
just take it easy with it this weekend

sir
Automotive Expert
ok, have a good weekend

Could it be bad gas?
Automotive Expert
anything is possible, but I don't think so since the issues happened after getting stuck in the snow