Q: Car stuck in park

My car is stuck in park. It will start up, but I cannot shift out of park.

This is a very common problem for your type of vehicle. Often there is a component in the shifter mechanism that fails and causes the shifter to be unable to come out of park. The repair for this is to replace the shifter assembly. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose whether or not your shifter is in fact causing your problem. They will be able to determine why your car is stuck in park.