Q: car starts sometimes and sometimes doesn't

so im confused because sometimes when i try and start my car it it wont start at all. and other days it will start right up. i replaced the alternator and ignition 3 months ago and the battery is still good. there are signs of the transmission going out like the gears shifting but when the car does start im still able to drive it so im just wondering why sometimes it starts and other times it dose not is this just a sign that my transmission is going out or what?

Intermittent no starts can be the hardest problems to diagnose and the transmission issues would not cause the no start. You may have a sensor or fuel pump issue and should have systems tested by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see if problem can be identified.

3. car starts sometimes and sometimes doesn't