Q: Car start problems, diesel leak

I have a leak next to my left rear wheel in a pipe going to the diesel tank, and recently the car has been difficult to start. Sometimes it starts without any problems, sometimes I have to crank it a while for it to start, sometimes it shuts down after the first time I start it. And also, if I drive at 20-30 kmh, and give full throttle and get to 60-70kmh the car shuts down and it says "EPC Visit Workshop". But the message disappears when I reboot the car. I also recently changed diesel filter and gave the engine a quick wash. My thought is that when I give full throttle the fuel pump pumps diesel to the engine but drags air with it as well due to the leak that makes it shut down. You think I am correct?

A: If liquid fuel can leak from the line, air ...

If liquid fuel can leak from the line, air can definitely be introduced into the line during operation. This air in the line can throw off calculations for the air/fuel mixture and cause the engine to stall or run very rough. Consider having the car’s starting issue diagnosed by one of our mobile experts to avoid the car stalling in traffic. Our technicians make house calls.