Q: car starst fine but as soon as you put in gear it shuts off what would cause this problem

car starts fine as soon as its put in gear it shuts off

First, try to keep the engine running by holding the idle up a little with the accelerator to see if it can stay running and the problem is not inside the transmission. If you can keep it running this way, then you will need to have the carburetor checked for problems with the idle control circuit. Rebuild or replace the carburetor as required. If you need help with this issue, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and proceed with proper repairs.

• car starst fine but as soon as you put in gear it shuts off what would cause this problem