Q: Car stalls and shuts down when I stop or when making a turn.

My car has been stopping very now and then when I stop or when making a turn. I turn on the car and about 5 minutes later it shuts off. Even when driving down the highway the car shuts off on the middle of driving. I usually put it in neutral and turn off and then back on then back into drive. This is very dangerous and need to get this fixed asap. I was told to clean the throttle body so I am going to try that tomorrow. What else can I check and fix in order to prevent this from occurring.

Check the fuel pump to see if its working. If the pump is working, then there could be air in the fuel system causing the engine to stall out at times. If the fuel pump is good and there is no air in the fuel lines, then it is possible that the camshaft position sensor maybe failing causing the engine to stall out at times. If you need further assistance with your vehicle stalling out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car stalls and shuts down when I stop or when making a turn.