Q: Car shuts off or shakes

The car shuts off or shakes unless I have my foot on the gas and the break at the same time.

3. Car shuts off or shakes

Q: Q: Drive belt squealing

Hello, if there is a noisy belt, belt condition should be checked to see if the belt are stretched out or dry. While the engine is running the idler and tensioner pulley should be checked for noisy bearings. This engine...

Q: Car dies after a few minutes

There is a high possibility that your fuel injection unit "CFI" is malfunctioning. That is a common problem on your vehicle. If you would like help with this issue, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to visit...

Q: I'm putting a 2004 3.7 engine into a 2002 jeep liberty and I understand that I have to change the reluctor ring but is it 16 or 12

The two engines you cite use completely different computers (PCM/ECM) and the casting numbers are completely different. You can try it but you are all but guaranteed to have start up and operational problems due to incompatibility with the existing...