Q: Car shuts off

My car starts but it can't go faster than 20miles or it will shut off when I push on the gas pedal the car doesn't accelerant

Hello. The vehicle may have entered a "limp-mode" if the computer detected an issue. This is designed to allow the engine to travel slowly in order to get to safety without doing any more damage to the vehicle. Typically this will trigger a check engine light and diagnostic troubleshooting code. Even if the dash does not show a check engine light, you may still have a code and want to have it scanned. The stalling symptoms raise another red flag that makes me think there is an electrical or sensor issue. The MAF sensor, throttle, IAT sensor, spark system, and fuel system may need to be inspected. If you do not get any diagnostic help from the scan, then its a process of elimination. You will have to test the different components listed until you find the culprit. Start by having the vehicle scanned, then turn to the MAF sensor and on down the list.

3. Car shuts off