Q: Car shuddering at 15 mph, squealing wheel and sticking starter - 2005 Subaru B9 Tribeca

When I'm driving and slowing down, at around 15 mph, my car starts shuddering. Also, the front wheel on the driver's side has been squeaking lately. Other unrelated issue is with the starter that has been sticking. How can I fix these problems? What parts do you suggest I should check and replace?

The "shuddering" you mention when braking at low speeds could be caused by either a "warped" brake rotor or by worn out control arm bushings. The sticking starter issue is either the starter bendix or starter pinion/ring gear binding. These components of your starter are the engine engagement portion of your starter, and get abused over time. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and diagnose these issues including the shuddering, as well as make any necessary repairs.

• Car shuddering at 15 mph, squealing wheel and sticking starter - 2005 Subaru B9 Tribeca