Q: Car overheats / drains after a recent replacement of the coolant reservoir.

had the coolant reservoir replaced in mar/2016. was told it was cracked. car sat overnite after repairs, as we were out of town. drove to los angeles but 'coolant level low' light came 25mins into the drive. pulled over, checked the levels made sure car was cool ( couple hours) and drove home. car ran fine as long as a/c wasn't on until july/august 2016. at the moment car is parked in parking space because battery needs to be charged. (lights were on)

A: Hi there. The coolant level sensor could h...

Hi there. The coolant level sensor could have failed. Also, if the reservoir was low, then after running the engine for a while on the road, the coolant could have bypassed into the reservoir making the coolant level low causing the coolant low light to come on. Check the coolant levels in the radiator and the reservoir for that they are full. Charge up the battery or replace it with a full charged battery before driving the vehicle. If you need further assistance with the low coolant light coming on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.