Q: Car not starting

Car shut off while driving loss of brakes and power steering battery is good alternator good oil was good gas also in car fuel system also good what else could it be also recently had water pump changed a week before this happened also gave p0400 code for egr valve after car shut off

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are a variety of different components that may have caused the engine to stall and not restart. The testing you have done so far is great. It points us in a different direction. The throttle, ignition timing, other electrical issues, or spark may all be playing a role. The first thing to do is test for spark if you have not already done so. Secondly you may want to try and scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes and see if the computer picked up an error. This is helpful more so for electrical and sensor issues. The throttle and air intake can also cause issues. Make sure there are no issues with the exhaust system and that the engine is able to exhale.

3. Car not starting