Q: Car not starting and no lights

A few times in the past few months my car don't want to start out of no where there will be no lights not anything. Then after a few times the cars lights come on my horn goes off and the car locked the doors soon after this happens a few more tries and the car starts. I have to give it abit of gas after this but it will start. I have had the battery, starter and alt checked everything was good. But today the car was working fine all day then when i got off work went to my car and nothing again no lights no start nothing. I tried for about 30 mins once in awhile the car lights work come on for a sec then shut right back off and i heard a tick sound. Sounded like it came from my dash. Finally someone jumped my car and it started right up. What could cause this?

These vehicles are very touchy when is comes to the ground circuit for the electrical system. Inspect the connection at the vehicle’s battery for a damaged or corroded terminal at the battery post. A bad connection here will cause the vehicle to do all sorts of funky things. If you are looking for assistance, an expert mechanic from YourMechanic can take a closer look at the system and diagnose your car’s starting issue so that the correct repairs can be made.

3. Car not starting and no lights