Q: car lost power when driving and had to tow it home.

I was driving and all of a sudden my car lost it's power and went completely dead. I was stranded on the side of the road and the car would not start back up and had to be towed home. Once in the garage it started back up but the following day it was dead again. Does that sound like the transmission?

Hi there. Your vehicle may need a tune up. Check the air filter, spark plugs and wires. If they are the original parts, I recommend replacing them with OEM parts. Also check the idle air control valve (IAC) and see if its working. Remove the valve and clean it then put it back on. If the engine continues to stall out then I recommend replacing the IAC and cleaning the mass air flow sensor (MAF) if its dirty. The MAF may need replaced if the other parts are replaced and the engine continues to stall out. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling with a loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. car lost power when driving and had to tow it home.