Q: Car kicks a lot when i hit 60 and higher.

i think its the fuel pump, when i accelerate it tends to kick back a lot, has trouble going up hill. this car had one owner and sat for 5 years

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a problem of inconsistent fuel pressure relating to a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs or hard starting. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.