Q: Car jerks and no acceleration. Slow pick up

My Hyundai Getz 1.4 not accelerating and no pickup at 2nd and 3rd gear also jerks and slowing down. Not going smoothly.

Hey there. This may be related to a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. If you need to get this looked at in person, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the jerking problem in person and can move forward with a MAF sensor replacement if necessary.

3. Car jerks and no acceleration. Slow pick up