Q: Car has popping sound

My car is having a popping sound. To explain: When the car is low on power, it makes a popping noise when I accelerate from a stop. The popping seems to possible be coming from the intake. What do you advise me to do to fix this?

Hello. It sounds like the intake manifold may have a crack in it or that the intake manifold gasket is starting to fail. There are tests that can be done to check the intake for leaks. The best type of test is where smoke is introduced into the system. After which, the location of the leaks can be determined by where the black smoke is coming from. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection in order to pinpoint the noise and make the correct repair.