Q: Car has chirping sound on rough roads

My car has around 112k miles and is in excellent condition except for the following problem. Behind the driver’s seat in the rear-inside area, there is a chirping sound. This happens when I’m driving on a rough-surfaced road. I was told by the dealer that this is normal due to the stress in the rigid frame of the car. I don’t agree with him. The sound is coming from the area of the carpets that cover the left quarter windows. I decided to disassemble the area, but everything looked normal. I even added insulation, but the chirping still exists. My car has never been in any accident and I keep it well maintained. What is your diagnosis and how can I fix it?

I would only recommend having a qualified mechanic drive and duplicate the problem and see if it is in the rear suspension or in the body mount under the rear seat area under the car. Depending on the noise, the mechanic will locate the noise and access the problem to lube or repair the part that is chirping. It sounds like a body mount to me and could be the drivers seat frame or body mount area.

3. Car has chirping sound on rough roads