Q: Car failed smog check

My car failed a smog check due to failed code P0440 (EVAP System) and code P0441 (System Incorrect Purge Flow).

Your gas tank contains an evaporative emissions system which prevents fuel vapors from entering the atmosphere. There are two major valves (purge and vent) which control this system in addition to a lot of hoses. Any one, or multiple, items may need replacement. The only way to correctly diagnosis this problem requires special equipment. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.