Q: Q: Car doesn't start

Car doesn't start all it does is make a loud noise from the starter motor. Its had a new alternator and battery and it still doesn't start. All the lights come on and the wipers work. What could be he problem

Without knowing the details of what make and model vehicle you’re having this issue with, I can provide you with the basics. If the starter motor is making a "loud noise" that seems to be different / louder than normal operating noise, it’s possible you have a failed starter motor or perhaps a damaged flywheel.

The flywheel has a toothed gear around it’s outer diameter. The starter motor has a gear that extends to mesh with that ring gear to spin the engine over when you crank the ignition. If any of those teeth are broken / missing from the flywheel, that can also give you a loud noise from the starter area and fail to start the engine. If you want to have the problem verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and perform necessary repairs.

3. Q: Car doesn't start