Q: Car died and now cranks but won't turn over.

My car died while I was driving it. Then it restarted. After putting gas in the car, would crank but not turn over.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The problem could be your fuel pump. An easy way to check would be to listen underneath the car when you turn the key on. You should hear a faint humming for approx. 3 seconds. If you cannot hear this noise, the fuel pump is not working. If you can hear the noise, the problem could be with your ignition system. A trained mechanic can help inspect your issue, to diagnose why your car won’t turn over.