Q: Car cranks fine but no start

Hi I have a 2002 Malibu, it randomly doesn't start. Has the 3100 in it. It does have spark and the pressure at the fuel rail is 52. If you spray starting fluid in it it will start (I know it's bad to do that) but is still hard to start. Then sometimes it starts no problem at all.. On cel is for egr thanks for any help

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Malibu. If you have spark and fuel pressure then you may have a bad camshaft sensor. This sensor is responsible for telling the computer where the number one cylinder is. The fuel injection and spark timing needs this sensor to run correctly. If you need some help with fixing this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to properly diagnose your starting issue firsthand. Good luck.