Q: Car cranks but won't start

I lost the key the normally drives my car and I tried using the spare key that came with my car but it refuses to start the car only cranks and won't start. It then shows that car with key on dashboard I have tried to program the new key by locking all doors and windows and inserting this key 8times on ignition car flashed and I then turn key to accessory mode pressed unlock button on remote but it still doesn't start the car.my car is Nissan grand living 1.6 2007 with the mechanical key

Hi there. It sounds like the spare key isn’t being recognized by the immobilizer system. The method you stated that you performed sounded like the procedure to manually program the wireless fob portion to lock and unlock the doors. If the key isn’t programmed or the immobilizer system has lost the registration, then it will need to be completed and this usually has to be completed by the dealer. Unfortunately, Your Mechanic does not offer key programming services. Your Mechanic does have available technicians that come to your home or office to perform requested services, inspections, and repairs. Feel free to schedule your next service at www.yourmechanic.com.

3. Car cranks but won't start