Q: Car buzzing and locking up.

The Service Engine Soon, Antilock, and Track Lights are on. The car also makes a buzzing noise and locks up sometimes when I come to a stop.

A: Hi there, all of these indicator lights are...

Hi there, all of these indicator lights are from modules, computer, that are on the serial data bus. The first step would be to read out the fault codes to see if there are any similarities between the faults stored. Low battery voltage or excessive ground side resistance can also cause low voltage to the various vehicle computers causing a whole host of malfunctions. A supply voltage check and a voltage drop on the chassis ground to the battery should be checked. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the test equipment and electrical system training to diagnose and correct these issues.

Recommended services
Get a Quote