Q: cannot put car in gear while running

Car suddenly unable to shift into gear while running, was able to drive home by shifting without using the clutch, approx. 25 miles, car performed fine. checked for leaks, none. blead system, car shifted fine for about 10 shifts then would'nt go into gear again. changed the slave cylinder, car shifted and ran good for 3 weeks then same thing. changed the master clutch cylinder, still will not go into gear and now i have a low clutch pedal approx. 3 inch. even after adjusting it. Also if i start it in gear, it takes off even though the clutch is depressed. The clutch itself appears to work fine when driving it.

Hello. If the clutch hydraulic system is fully bled and functioning properly then it needs a new clutch. When the clutch fails the hydraulic system can allow it to work properly until the slave cylinder overextends and the system ends up overheating which causes it to create air in the system. I would double check the pressure in the hydraulic system first and if all of the parts are working correctly then the clutch will be needed.

3. cannot put car in gear while running