Q: Can you tell if a cars strut coil was completely compressed recently

our mechanic said someone must have hit a huge pot hole or something because there is no dust between the coils of the strut. Is that possible?

Hi there. It is possible the strut may have been bottomed out and spring compressed until it was closed, but I doubt that this happened unless the front strut or the wheel got damaged in some way. I would say that a car wash or pressure washer cleaned it off of dust.

• Can you tell if a cars strut coil was completely compressed recently