Q: Can you explain to me what parts are included in the Powertrain warranty that I have for my 2012 Honda Civic LX?

The powertrain warranty (5 years/60,000)I have for my car , has some time left on it still. Based off my car fax report I received when I bought the car (November 2015) used, the car was purchased in August of 2012, and I'm at 57,760 miles. The two parts I want to know about is the Front-wheel drive system and rear wheel drive system. It lists(front & rear) final drive housing, differential housing, drive shafts, propeller shafts, CV joints, hubs & bearings, and seals/gaskets. My car makes this weird sound like there is too many people in the car weighing down it, but I'm the only one in the car. When I stop the car and turn it off, I can hear it even when I move in the car, like the car is loose off its axle or something. Would the parts I mentioned about earlier cover this ? Is it my struts, or suspension? The car wasn't making those sounds in the beginning, but over the months the sound is more annoying, and I want to know what it is

Hello. Your power train warranty does cover the hard parts of the power train like the ones that you mentioned. Typically this does not cover the suspension and steering parts as those end at the bumper to bumper warranty period. From what you are explaining of the noise it sounds like you have a suspension issue. It sounds like it can be a strut that is worn out or an issue with one of the bushings in the suspension. I would usually get the vehicle in the air and check these parts for wear. The warranty would not cover these parts. If you are thinking of having it checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [inspect the suspension] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

• Can you explain to me what parts are included in the Powertrain warranty that I have for my 2012 Honda Civic LX?