Q: Can the oil catch on a volvo 2005 xc90 cause it not to start

I was driving and the car cut off and now wont crank i see the dipstick is broke off so i put something to cover but now it wont crank just turns over. I did put a cell charger in the lighter right before it stopped

Hi There, Normally, the dipstick should not have any impact on whether the vehicle will run or not. If there is an oil leak of some kind that has caused the oil level to drop substantially resulting in the oil pressure light coming on, this may have caused the computer to shut the engine down by putting it into "safe mode" in order to prevent any damage to the motor. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Can the oil catch on a volvo 2005 xc90 cause it not to start