Q: Q: Can't pass smog check.

My Check Engine light went on and off today. When I took it for a smog check, it showed a code P0325, Knock Sensor I CKT Malfunction.

Hello. I am glad that you got the codes from the smog shop as that helps with the diagnosis. I have changed a lot of knock sensors on this model of Subaru when this code comes up. I have also seen the connector fracture and cause the terminals to have poor connections which will also turn up this code. A certified mechanic will do a resistance test of the sensor and also do a visual of the connector to diagnose this. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and the experience to be able to perform this task.

3. Q: Can't pass smog check.