Q: can i drive my car home from work when i found out i had a misfiring cylinder this morning?

this morning I was driving and found my car to be very weak and would only go 6o at it's peak when trying to go 70mph, I got to work and as my car is an 04 Vauxhall corsa I pressed botth accelerator and brake to get the code to flash for me, I found I have a misfiring cylinder, is it safe to drive home to work on my car there or should I leave it at work?

A: A misfire can be caused by several componen...

A misfire can be caused by several components and if you should drive it depends on the issue that is occurring. Most likely if you made it to work without any major issues, you can make it back home. It depends on how poorly the engine was running, and how far away from home you are. You should try to not take it over 10 miles or so if possible. You may want to take it directly to the shop unless you plan on working on it from home. Keep in mind if you break down, you may be looking at a tow fee on top of the repair costs. If you are going to track down the misfire at home, you will want to inspect the fuel, spark, and air systems. Check into spark plugs and wires, the fuel injectors, and the related air intake sensors. Drive your vehicle home based on your own discretion. If you didn’t notice the issue getting worse the further you drove it, you may be able to make it home or to where it can be looked at. Keep in mind we can dispatch a technician to your worksite to help diagnose and repair the issue where it sits.