Q: Can battery testing equipment cause a surge that can damage/cause the AdvanceTrac warning light to signal?

My husband has a 2013 Edge and I have a 2012 Edge. We both brought our cars for an oil change less than two weeks ago (not to a Ford dealership). Within days of each other, both our AdvanceTrac warning lights came on. Could this be more than a coincidence and could test equipment have actually caused system damage?

Hi there. There is always the possibility that this could be more than just a coincidence. However, if this was the case then the warning lights may have come on earlier. During my time at dealerships, it was not uncommon to see several cars with the exact same problem on the same day; it happens. Before any of us point fingers and determine any blame, I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and determine the cause of the failures. Customer service will need information on both vehicles including year, make, model, mileage, and vin numbers for each. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with trac light is on inspection.

• Can battery testing equipment cause a surge that can damage/cause the AdvanceTrac warning light to signal?