Q: Can battery testing equipment cause a surge that can damage/cause the AdvanceTrac warning light to signal?

My husband has a 2013 Edge and I have a 2012 Edge. We both brought our cars for an oil change less than two weeks ago (not to a Ford dealership). Within days of each other, both our AdvanceTrac warning lights came on. Could this be more than a coincidence and could test equipment have actually caused system damage?

3. Can battery testing equipment cause a surge that can damage/cause the AdvanceTrac warning light to signal?