Q: Can a A3,2l audi transmission control module be used on a 2l golf 5 GTI? VW Golf

I am having problems with mi gearbox module and bought a second hand one from an A3 3.2l which is giving mi problem.

• Can it drive a 2l GTI

Please help

Hi there - it MAY be possible, if both models use the same transmission (02E for example - 6-speed, dual clutch, etc.) to use the same controller. But - I would expect to have to have the software reflashed for your Golf as a minimum. There are almost certainly differences in models of the controller, and software revision levels as well, that come into play here. I would make careful notes on both the Audi and VW control part #s, and any version or revision information you can detect, and find a good VW/Audi transmission technician, with access to software reflash tools, who can help you with this swap.

3. Can a A3,2l audi transmission control module be used on a 2l golf 5 GTI? VW Golf