Q: Brakes still bad after master cylinder replacement

I recently had a new master cylinder installed and all of the lines bled. My car still does not stop like it should. The mechanic could not fix the carburetor, so when my car warms up, it will not start.

It is possible that there may still be some air in the system. Also the brakes may need to be adjusted. Drum brakes that are out of adjustment can cause a soft feeling pedal because the fluid has to move farther than when the brakes are adjusted properly. I would have a certified mechanic inspect your brakes to see what the problem is.

3. Brakes still bad after master cylinder replacement