Q: Brakes, rotors, or something else?

Once my truck has been driven for a little while, when I brake at all speeds, but more specifically at Highway speeds, it feels like the brakes are rapidly on, then off, on, then off. I feel this in the brake pedal. I've had my brakes looked at from 2 different mechanics and both say the brake pads are fine. I have thought it could be the rotors, but I dont really feel the issue in the steering wheel. Could it be stuck calipers? I also hear a "whirr, whirr, whirr," when this occurs. It doesnt seem to happen when first dribe truck.

This is a common symptom of a wheel bearing(s) failing. A wheel bearing will usually fail due to pitting or small damage on the surface of the rollers or the bearing race. Both the surface of the rollers and the race is precision machined to tight tolerances and highly polished to allow the rollers to pass easily over the race with the addition of bearing grease for lubrication and cooling. Over time the bearing will wear slightly, allowing microscopic pieces of metal into the grease. Bearing noise can sound a lot like a brake pad dragging or grinding. It can also sound like whirring, whining or humming depending on how much sound deadening material your vehicle has in it. Bearing noise will always be dependent on vehicle speed meaning as you speed up or slow down the noise should change frequency or loudness. Cornering may affect the noise from a damaged front wheel bearing and is usually more pronounced as you make turns. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to take a look at the car and check your wheel bearings for failure.

3. Brakes, rotors, or something else?