Q: Brakes lock randomly

Had the master cylinder replaced. Now the brakes will engage and bring the car to a stop for no reason

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your brakes seem to be applying by themselves and the master cylinder has been replaced it is likely that you have a faulty brake caliper. If the brake caliper is not able to retract back to its normal position it will cause the brake pads to be engaged against the Rotor at all times. If the calipers are faulty I would recommend having a qualified professional replace them and then bleed the brakes to ensure that your brake system is performing as it should. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect your brakes for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

3. Brakes lock randomly