Q: Brake system warning after jumpstarting girlfriends car

After jump starting my girlfriends car the temperature was -20 degree celcius my trucks started beeping and said "service brake system" and the ABS and Parking break lights are lit up as well and now and won't go off. We just serviced the breaks 5000km ago as well. I've checked fluids, and wear on the breaks. they were not lit up before jumping her car. what happened? did the battery cause it?

Hi there:

In some instances, when you jump start a vehicle, an electrical surge will be sent through the vehicle being jumped. Generally, this will not impact sensors or trigger warning lights to illuminate; however, it is possible that is what happened with your 2005 GMC. The best way to determine whether or not actual errors exist and to reset those warning lights is to contact a local mobile mechanic to complete a check engine light is on inspection.

3. Brake system warning after jumpstarting girlfriends car