Q: Brake system issue! Sometimes severe.

Have brake pedal free travel issue usually after driving at hi-way speeds for 2 or more hours. More severe in hot whether like 80D. Free travel seems to increase by 1 in. +/-. Brakes are not spongy when this happens, but for quick response slow downs or stops it is a big issue with the unsuspected free travel of pedal. Dealer cannot find problem. Normal free travel measured about 1.25in.+/-. Never drove a vehicle with such poor brakes. Had unit from new, but did not experience until driving long trips on hi-way. When it gets bad, it is like feel when a fluid line breaks. Only have about 12K miles on it now. Never smelled hot pads or felt hot rims etc.

Hi there. From my experience with this vehicle most of the time this is caused by the wrong brake fluid being added to the system or the wrong brake pads being used. If it is the wrong fluid then the fluid may not be handling the heat which can cause it to boil and cause this to occur. If the wrong brake pads are used then they can get too hot which causes heat fade. This creates a layer of heat between the pad and the rotor which causes the further pedal travel. If the vehicle is still under warranty then you should take it to the dealer. If it is not, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your to [inspect your brakes] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-safety-inspection

3. Brake system issue! Sometimes severe.