Q: High oil pressure

My oil oil pressure gauge seems to be reading High when I'm driving but when I come to a stop or at idle it lowers back down to the mid-range I've been trying to do research online to figure out what the problem might be and the only thing that I may have been able to come up with is that my oil pressure sending unit could be bad

A: This will usually come on when one of two t...

This will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact over filled with oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark and is not over filled with oil. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.