Q: Rough idle

asked by on May 11, 2017

My issue with my car it when i sumtimes turn the keys it cranks by wont turn over and now when it turn over the engine vibrates

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like your car may have a bit of a rough idle problem. There are a number of things that may cause a rough idle. A rough idle may be caused by things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor, dirty or failing idle air control valve, a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, faulty spark plugs or wires ad many other things. Any of these possibilities may relate to fuel or spark problems that will disrupt the normal combustion process that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.